- Chase The Devil ft. Lee Perry & Gudrun (4:37)
- Let ‘Em Take It ft. Lee Perry (4:04)
- Blackboard Jungle ft. Lee Perry (4:35)
- Fungus Rock ft. Lee Perry (7:06)
- I Foo China ft. Lee Perry & Gudrun (4:52)
- Give Thanks & Praises ft. Lee Perry (3:59)
- Chrome Optimism ft. Lee Scratch Perry & David Lynch (5:59)
- I Do Voodoo ft. Lee Perry & Gudrun (5:04)
- Island Girl ft. Ari Up & Lee Perry (Defending Rights & Justice version) (4:50)
- Surrender Dub ft. Ari Up (4:12)
- I Foo China ft. Lee Perry & Gudrun (7” edit) (2:43)
- Chrome Optimism ft. Lee Scratch Perry & David Lynch (deep jungle mix) (4:14)
Release DetailsLABEL : ECHO BEACH
SERIAL : ECHO BEACH CD 105
DATE : AUGUST 22, 2014
FORMAT : CD / DIGITAL
PLAYTIME : 12 TRACKS - 56:34 minutes playing time
LIMIT : Limited Edition of 999 copies (paginated in a 6-page digipak)
Nu School Of Planet DUB - Lee Scratch Perry - vs. ROBO BASS HIFI vs. DubblestandartAugust 22, 2014
Buy Now► Amazon (CD / MP3)
ROBO BASS HiFi lives and breathes a tight combination of jungle, dub, dubstep – SPACE and irregular POP. His current electro-reggae drenched in BASS MUSIC is mighty in all its facets and incessantly feeds the mind of the universe!
From roots and DUB to dubstep/drumstep through to future jungle, UK-DIGITAL and D'n'B - Robo Bass Hifi loves tinkering with sounds and rhythms to create something that not everyone can handle, but which us folks on the Echo Beach love more than anything else: BAAASSS.
His debut “16 Bit Skanks“ on Select Cuts was received by the local press with reviews that ranged from enthusiastic to tepid to non-existent ... here are a few quotes:
Jazzthetik: ... bowled over my heart, a bass massage is guaranteed, milks modular synthesis to the max...!
Riddim / Dub Blog: ... a hybrid sort of sound, which occupies the mid-field between Major Lazer and jungle, interspersed with breaks (filled with reggae offbeats) ... a high-energy work stuffed to the brim with crazy ideas. If you’re not in a state of ecstasy and are capable of listening consciously to this musical fireworks display, then you’ll be amazed at the endless different layers of sounds in these tracks, which take turns in sitting at the top of the dub mixes.
Westzeit: ... this is a strong debut by the man whose sister wanted to open a boutique in Wuppertal with the pope!
Coolibri: ... massive, reduced, echo-y, as dry as dust... – a real keeper!
Markus Kammann aka ROBO BASS HIFI stringently sticks to his path. After submitting remixes to the three musketeers of German pop (SEEED, FETTES BROT, JAN DELAY), all of which were rejected (the murmured rejections from the musketeers ranged from dulcet tones to absolute silence…!) he has now led the reggae legend into the dark room and has shaken things up. David Lynch and Ari Up bring a breath of Jean Michel Jarre pop and captivate the master of the deep, thick bass. Previously, Dubblestandart recorded the originals on RETURN FROM PLANET DUB with Master Lee Perry and now ROBO BASS HIFI has taken them to a deeper level...! With this exceptionally fine release, ECHO BEACH welcomes the late summer with the warm throb of a deep bass...!
- Limited Edition of 999 copies (paginated in a 6-page digipak)